Wednesday 23 February 2011

Laura-Maria Arola

I have been researching fashion print designers, as they don't seem to make such a big name for themselves in the media, unlike clothing designers. I want to see what it takes to create a successful fashion print, in order to get inspiration for my own print designs.
I came across print designer Laura-Maria Arola, whose work is very likeable. Her prints are all quite abstract but all focus on the use and variety of colour, scale and a visual texture appeal. I am also really impressed with her use of cute and quirky illustrations, which help visualise how her prints can be worn on a garment. I will definitely consider this technique in my print design process, as it is a very effective way of seeing the overall look and wearability of a print design.