Monday 7 February 2011

Paperchase & Print Design

For my Major Project, I have decided to focus on print design and fashion related products, a decision which has been heavily influenced by the fact that I have worked as a Sales Assistant for Paperchase for the last three years. Paperchase's use of vibrant and unique prints elevates their stationary products to a higher aesthetic level. Normally I would not get excited by stationary, but I feel the use of print on their products is very engaging and enables the consumer to represent their personality and tastes in a distinctive way.
I believe print can often take fashion products to a higher aesthetic dimension, which I intend to achieve throughout this project by exploring the creative process of fashion fabric prints such as colour combinations, scale and repetition.
This variety of Paperchase products shows how print can easily translate through a range of products.