Friday 4 March 2011

First Print Experiments

These are my first repeat print experiments, and as this process is all new to me you can see I still have a long way to go!
Initially, I just wanted to do some experiments of how the repetition in Illustrator works. I have found out that prints are created using a tile with an image in which is then repeated in all directions. I have learnt that the spacing of images inside a tile is very important; the more complex the better, otherwise the print comes out in lines and makes the tile image very obvious. Clearly this has happened in my case, although it is best avoided, but I think this will come with practise and confidence when creating print tiles. I have also started playing with colour combinations, background colours, layering images and scale of images. I like how the light colours stand out on a darker background, which creates the most eye catching effect.