Thursday 10 March 2011

Emma Cook for Topshop

I came across these designer edition t-shirts on the Topshop website. Even though the placement prints on these t-shirts are just black and white line drawings, they do still create a striking effect which I think is helped by placing a thicker line around the edge of the image.
However what really struck me was the cool coat hanger designs, which are made out of card and incorporate the illustrative prints into the shape of the hanger. These hangers really help to make a statement of the print, and adds overall value to the product when the packaging has been created with this much care and attention. This is an excellently createive way of extending a print design and estalishing the brand of the product, and has got me thinking about designing my own coat hangers for displaying my printed garments.