Thursday 3 March 2011

Using Illustrator

These images have been developed using the Adobe program Illustrator, which is used in industry when creating print designs. All the images originated from drawings and sketches I have worked on from first hand recordings and reference books. To create these effects I have scanned my drawings into Illustrator, and then used the 'live trace' tool to create the different colour combinations and effects.
This is my first experimental use of using Illustrator, and although they aren't actual prints, I wanted to see how my illustrations would translate and could be manipulated in a digital program. I like the freedom and control of creating your own colour combinations, however I think for now I will only progress with the line drawn images, as I think the others are too full on to create into repeat prints.